I was nominated for the Sunflower Blogger Award from Faye at Labor Not In Vain and Rina at Rina’s Reading; and The Liebster Award from Alyssa Faith at Literary and Lace. Wow, I’m feeling loved, thanks ladies!!!!
I’d like to respond to the Sunflower award first.
1. Share 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger asked
3. Tag 11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions
1. I write with my left hand (I do almost everything else with my right hand..lift heavy things, throw, high five, place purse strap on right shoulder, and so forth)
2. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in English
3. I still haven’t framed my college degree yet, but I keep meaning to
4. I love snow globes even though I never see snow
5. I still love video games, especially the lego ones, but I haven’t been playing them much in the summer as I now make time to write seriously
6. I’m an aspiring author (not sure of the genre yet, whatever God leads me to do)
7. I love praying for my family
8. My favorite part of church is the worship, I’m always lifted up by my church’s worship band
9. I have two younger brothers and a nephew that I love wholeheartedly, the three of them and my dad are my heroes
10. I’m fasting soda and have gone 4 weeks without it (am in amazement and praising God for that)
11. I had a speech impediment growing up and one summer my dad took me to speech therapy……between praying and the therapy I was healed of that within weeks and never struggled with it again
11 Questions from Faye:
1. What are you planning on reading this summer? Let me look at my lists (amazon, goodreads and my blog)……these are my rewards this summer, not reviews. Perilous Waters by Sandra Orchard, Tide and Tempest by Elizabeth Ludwig, Firewall by DiAnn Mills, The River of Time Series by Lisa Bergren, The Silver Sword by Angela Hunt (re-read), King by RJ Larson, Starters/Enders by Lissa Price and some ebooks (You Made Me Love You by Vogt, The Wedding Game by Matayo, Watched by Hogan, Untraceable by Johannes, Sisters Divided by Davis, Rescue Team by Calvert, Phantoms in Philadelphia by Vantana, Necessary Proof by Tang, The Hawk Series by Pura, Marry Me by Wallace, My Revised Christmas List by Mangum and many more).
from the author's website
2. What book are you dying to read? Revolutionary by McGee, Remnants by Bergren, Storm Siren by Weber, and Of the Persecuted by Brashear (off the top of my head). I heard that Brad Thor’s The Athena Project is becoming a movie….I read it once before and loved it but don’t remember the story so I got it from my library and will read it again.
3. What TV show are you most excited to have return? I don’t watch much TV, but Rizzoli & Isles comes to mind (best friend cops). I believe they’re in the 5th season and I just love that show. I was heartbroken about the death of Lee Thompson Young and I’m glad they made an episode to honor him. Other shows I’m interested are Defiance, Believe, and Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (when they’re available).
4. What surprising talent do you possess? I spoke with my nephew about this and the first thing he said was writing. However, I’m also really good at giving massages to my loved ones, I’m good at video games, and I can throw a Frisbee really well J
5. What was the last book you read? I’m currently reading Shock Wave by Dana Mentink.
6. What book (besides the Bible) would you recommend to have everyone in the world read? Woo, that’s a tough one. I’d say A Marriage Carol by Fabry and Chapman. Just loved how it was written and I totally support books that speak highly about marriage and family. I’d also recommend Dinner with a Perfect Stranger series by David Gregory. Short stories that are powerful.
7. Where is your favorite place to read? My room, I have quiet and privacy there.
8. What is your biggest fear when going shopping? It’s not a fear, but I never enjoy trying things on. It looks so good on the rack, but it’s rare when I find a love match when trying on clothes. I also don’t like it when I see jewelry online that catches my interest and then I go to the department store and there’s nothing like it available.
9. Do you like ebooks? I prefer print, but ebooks are fine. I think I’ll enjoy them more when I have something easier to read them on.
10. What is your favorite book genre? Christian fiction, clean speculative fiction, and clean YA fiction. I think those are the genres I’m writing the most in also.
11. What is your favorite childhood book that you still love today? The Chronicles of Narnia; the magic, adventure and innocence in those books still captivate me today!
11 questions from Rina:
1. If you could travel back in time and be the proverbial fly on the wall, where and when would you go? Wow, what a good question! I’d want to see what happened when Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937. I’d also want to witness one special day in the life of Queen Esther from the Bible and one day during King Solomon’s time while he was building the temple for God.
2. Favorite Genre: Christian fiction, speculative fiction and clean YA fiction.
3. Favorite aspect of blogging: “Meeting” other book bloggers and author friends, I treasure all of them.
4. Least favorite part of blogging: it used to be deadlines, but I no longer stress about that. If I got behind, that’s part of life, and I make sure to have the review ready in an honorable way. Now my least enjoyable part of blogging is writing a review when I didn’t connect with the book or the book just didn’t keep my interest like I thought it would.
5. If you could swap places with a book character, who would it be and for how long? There are not many books I would want to enter so I need to consider this. Okay, I would trade places with Kayden from Silenced on the day of her brother’s wedding and to have the dance with Jake; With Shannon from Rise & Shine when she has dinner at her best friend’s house and is with Daniel; With Susan from Narnia when the Pevensie children are being crowned at the end (what a great day that is!); with the mom in The Case of the Crafty Christmas Crooks because I would love to see the cats in action and just be around them at Christmas; and with Tori from So Not Okay at the end when they’re all in the principal’s office settling the entire plot. I think those are good places to trade!
6. What’s the longest you’ve stayed awake? Probably 18 hours. I’ve stayed up way late for books several times and once pulled an all nighter at a slumber party in middle school because I didn’t trust the girls at the party. I don’t recommend doing that.
7. What are the next three books on your to read list? The Silver Sword by Angela Hunt, King by RJ Larson, and Storm Swept by Dana Mentink We’ll see J
8. Where do you get most of your books from? Mostly blogging, but also from paperbackswap.com and the library.
9. Favorite place to read? My room J
10. You’ve been invited to a literary costume party. Who will you dress as? Oh my…..
I googled 1403 gowns and these Victorian images came up so I hope I did this right J I would wear one of these to the ball with Gisela from The Captive Maiden, er I mean the costume party.
And I also found this dress online and just loved it
11. What is the most memorable thing you’ve learned from a book? Unconditional love and forgiveness are probably the most powerful themes illustrated in books for me. True friendship is another good one, but I’d probably go with forgiveness. I love messages with repenting and forgiveness, it never gets old for me J
I will not be tagging anyone for this award because most of my friends have already been chosen, but you are ALL welcome to answer these questions and/or respond to this award either in the comment section or on your own blog. I want to thank Faye and Rina once again for nominating my blog, you both blessed me!
Now I’ll respond to The Liebster Award, thanks Alyssa Faith!!
Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
List 11 facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you. Nominate 9 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (not the blogger who nominated you).
Ask them 11 questions.
Let them know about the nomination.
I looked up the meaning of Liebster and here’s what I found: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
1. I can speak some Spanish
2. I like to snack on wintergreen tic tacs while reading
3. When watching a movie, my favorite candy is snow caps and hershey’s cookies and cream bar
4. My favorite color is purple…I have a purple teddy bear, a purple tank top, a purple wallet, purple scissors, love purple pens, I have an attraction to purple bookcovers, purple hair clips, and I have a stunning purple journal with purple bookmark
5. I love silver jewelry (mostly necklaces or pendants)
6. I once had blue highlights in my hair and am praying for the day when my hair is long enough to do this again….this time I also want to add purple highlights and go bolder/more contrasting with the color (my mom and I see the same hairdresser and she’s excited about doing this process for me)
7. I love foreign accents, in movies or in person (I tell people in public or in church how great their accent is, that’s soo cool)
8. I’m not into sports at all, but I cheer for my nephew’s favorite teams (and my dad and brothers when they watch a game)
9. Favorite movies are Aliens (the only scary movie I loved-Ripley is definitely one of my movie heroes), 9 to 5, 27 Dresses, Robots (animated), Avengers, 13 Going on 30, Finding Nemo, Frozen, Kate & Leopold, The Holiday, Ever After, Horton Hears a Who, Return to Me, The Ice Princess, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Date Night, Noises Off, Father of the Bride (Steve Martin), While You Were Sleeping, Regarding Henry, etc.
10. If I’m aware that a movie I want to see is a book, I try to read the book first (City of Ember, The Green Mile, Pride and Prejudice, even Spiderman with Tobey Maguire, Narnia, Lord of the Rings-not The Hobbit)
11. I live in South Florida, but I have traveled to Ohio, Michigan, California, Maryland (loved Washington DC), Jamaica and Mexico…..would love to see Italy, Ireland, France, Scotland, England, Australia, New York, and other parts of the world someday
11 questions from Alyssa Faith:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I’d start with Ireland (see above facts).
2. Favorite music? Christian rock (Fireflight), movie soundtracks (The Perfect Man, What a Girl Wants, The Ice Princess, and Lemonade Mouth) and contemporary worship (variety).
3. Favorite movie? Don’t have just one! Aliens (the only scary movie I loved-Ripley is definitely one of my movie heroes), 9 to 5, 27 Dresses, Robots (animated), Avengers, 13 Going on 30, Finding Nemo, Frozen, Kate & Leopold, The Holiday, Ever After, Horton Hears a Who, Return to Me, The Ice Princess, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, Date Night, Noises Off, Father of the Bride (Steve Martin), While You Were Sleeping, What a Girl Wants, Lemonade Mouth, and Regarding Henry, etc.
4. Favorite Book (One True Pairing or Fave Book Couple)OTP? The most recent book that I thought of for this was Juliana and The Pirate Earl from MaryLu Tyndall’s The Ransom. There are others I’ve loved, but that’s the most recent one I could think of.
5. Favorite book of all time? Hmmm….how about top 3? That’s still too difficult but I’ll try! Anything by Angela Hunt, Rachelle McCalla, or MaryLu Tyndall and that just skims the surface J (for all my author friends reading this, don’t worry you’re still my fave!)
6. Cake or Pie? Easy, cake for me J
7. Favorite TV Program? (new or old) Friends and Rizzoli & Isles, both make me laugh and give me enjoyment.
8. If you could travel to any time period, what would it be? Probably medieval times because I’ve read so many good adventures from that time frame.
9. Summer or fall and why? Fall because the weather in south florida is much nicer at that time and I love that time of the year.
10. Favorite candy? Snowcaps, caramello bar and hershey’s cookies and cream.
11. Paperback or Ebook? Definitely paperback!
Questions I ask:
1. What was your fave childhood toy?
2. Favorite movie?
3. What’s the longest book you’ve ever read (title or page count)?
4. Do you prefer to read fiction or nonfiction?
5. Have you ever been part of a street team or influencer for an author? If so how many and what do you like best about being part of the team?
6. What new authors have you read this year?
7. What do you like best about blogging?
8. Favorite place to read?
9. Favorite genre?
10. Did you ever read a book that you didn’t finish? What are the reasons you would quit a book? (just wondering if I’m the only one, this can be a yes or no answer, no need to name the book unless you want to)
11. Print or Ebook?
All right! That was fun! Now here are the 10 blogs I’m tagging and again, if your blog isn’t listed and you’d like to participate, please go for it J I read each of these blogs actively and they bless me. ONLY participate if you want to, no pressure J
Charity U at Austentitis
Renee at Black n’ Gold Girl’s Spot
Shannah at Book Reviews by Shannah
Anne at Stuff and Nonsense
Laura at Crafty Booksheeps
Kimberly at Dog Days of Kimberfus
Marian at Marian Baay
Amber at Seasons of Humility
Beautiful Gwen at Serving Through Words
Jeremy at Christian Fiction Addiction